Cover Wars: Cruel Beauty vs. Ashes and Ice

Cover Wars is a weekly feature of two different covers in a sort of battle. Whichever cover wins the more votes in the week will win the battle and move on to next week where it will face a new cover. It's a fun feature with the point being to highlight some great covers for upcoming or recent titles, and also to discuss what is liked in a cover.

Last week, Ashes and Ice won over Let the Sky Fall. The poll was extremely close with just one vote separating the two. This week, Ashes and Ice by Rochelle Maya Callen is up against a new cover; Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge.


Here its is, the classic battle between red and blue. Deep variations of both colours are found on these covers, as well as some exceptionally pretty font. Both covers are so distinctive. I love the rose and staircase design of Cruel Beauty, I think that is very clever. Ashes and Ice does a fantastic job of bringing the 'ice' to the reader with the frost which I think was very well done. 

Both covers are great. It's up to you to vote for your favourite. You can vote either in this post, or on the sidebar to the right! Either way, have fun! And let the Cover Wars... Begin!

Which cover should win Cover Wars?



-P.E.

6 comments:

  1. I really liked them both but the Cruel Beauty cover is really clever with the stairs becoming a rose. So Cruel Beauty gets my vote :)
    New follower. Adina’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that was clever too. Thanks for visiting & following! :)

      -P.E.

      Delete
  2. That is seriously a hard pick because they are both gorgeous, almost in opposite ways! I chose Cruel Beauty only because I am DYING for that book.

    Alise @ Readers in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like putting opposites together and seeing which is preferred. Also, Cruel Beauty does seem like it will be a great book!

      -P.E.

      Delete
  3. Looks like Cruel Beauty is winning out-the red triumphs over the blue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! I'm actually surprised at how lopsided this poll is. I don't try to make them that way :p

      -P.E.

      Delete

What do you think?