The Weekly Progress: Back to School Edition

The Weekly Progress is my version of wrap up post. Mostly, it's a fun way to reflect on the week that was.

Let's start with the book talk. All covers link to Goodreads.

Books Read


Two books! Not my best week, but considering how little free time I had, I'm very happy with myself. Both books had good writing and were enjoyable, although 17 & Gone wasn't really my type of read. Just One Day has made me super excited for Just One Year!

Currently Reading


This is one of the first books for review The Sirenic Codex ever got, so I'm really hoping I like it. So far it's entertaining and very easy to read.

The Week That Was

Schools started for both Mari and I on Tuesday. We're both seniors now so we're a little swamped with work, especially when it comes to Math class. I've ditched science classes so beyond math, school isn't too bad. I actually may be one of the strange people that likes school: I took eight classes when they recommend six just because I like learning new things. 

What school has meant is that I haven't been able to finish a single blog post. I've started a few, but finished none. However, I have written a couple reviews so it's not all bad. Getting the posts formatted and ready seems to be the problem. It's very hard to balance school and blogging, but I'll be doing my best!

Blog Recap

You may have noticed this week that Mari and I have been posting blogs at different times. We're not home in the mornings and neither of us has a computer class so we've been experimenting with different strategies. I hope nobody has been put off by it!

Anyway, the week started off with a discussion on spoilers with me taking an extreme position for once: I detest spoilers

Tuesday means a new Cover Wars and this week we had Perfect Ruin face off against The Winner's Curse. You can still vote for that! (Hint: Check the sidebar!)

Mari shared what she was waiting on on Wednesday, and it turns out to be the sequel to a book I've never read that sounds really good. 


Mari then reflected a bit on the books she read this summer. It's a pretty cool roundup. I almost stole her idea and did one of my own, but, as I said, I've finished no posts in the last week. 

Can you believe Best of Saturday has been going on for seven weeks now? That means you should totally check it out and link up your favourite blog posts of the week.

Song of the Week

Okay, so maybe I wasn't really listening to anything this week. Whatever. That doesn't mean I shouldn't spend twenty minutes on YouTube searching for a song I like to post here. This song by Hardwell is definitely not new, but it's new to me. The melody is infectious and makes me want to dance and that's totally my type of song. Here's Call Me A Spaceman by Hardwell ft. Mitch Crown.


Now you're ready for the rest of your weekend. Have a great one!

-P.E.



8 comments:

  1. Enjoy your books and your senior year, girls :D I loved your "spoilers" post last week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, we'll do our best to enjoy it! And I'm glad you liked our spoilers post! :)

      -P.E.

      Delete
  2. Oh yeah, that song is infectious! I want to listen to it when I'm reading a space adventure. I have one in mind actually...
    Senior year is a busy one! I can imagine fitting in blogging would be challenging.
    Just One Day is AMAZING! And I've been wanting to try to fit in Ghost Hand, I've heard good things and she's a local author to me as well.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! It's an amazing energy boost for me :P

      And I totally agree. Just One Day has made me have the most intense cravings for macaroons, which is weird because I've never had one so I'm just imagining the taste.

      That's cool, I always try to support as many locals as I can as well!

      -P.E.

      Delete
  3. I quite liked Just One Day as well! Can't wait for Just One Year :)
    And that song is pretty good! I'd actually heard it before, but didn't know it was called "Call Me a Spaceman".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The melody is certainly familiar so I also didn't realize that was its name.

      I think pretty much everybody liked Just One Day! I haven't seen someone not like it! :p

      -P.E.

      Delete
  4. Good luck balancing school and the blog-it's tough when something starts up that takes up a lot of time but you still managed a busy week on the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha the blog does well because we wrote pretty much all these posts in the summer! Come October though, we may have some more difficulty :p

      -P.E.

      Delete

What do you think?