The Weekly Progress: Snap Edition

The Weekly Progress is a type of wrap up post that happens every Sunday on The Sirenic Codex looking on the week that was.

I have a lot of homework this weekend that I need to get to doing. I'm also trying to finish in time to go to a ribsfest, so this post will be a little shorter than usual. I'm sure you'll all be very happy with that.

Books Read


Not my best reading week, but it was an incredibly busy, test-filled week so I'm proud of finishing this book. Plus, Rot & Ruin was fun, but long too. Review is upcoming in the next few weeks. 

Currently Reading


I deserve something nice, right? And this series is one of my absolutely favourites. I'm expecting nothing short of 5 stars. 

The Week That Was

I'm a fan of hockey so yay, NHL started! Beyond that, I've been shuffling between assignments, tests, and university seminar/visit thingies. I wish I could say that this week will be much better, but um, nope. I'll try to read a little more and comment some more as well. 

Post Recap

First, some news. Best of Saturday, which has the best button btw, has been discontinued because while there initially was support, no one really seemed to use it besides Mari and I. That means we're going to have to write more posts just for Saturdays, which should be fun. 

Let's begin with my review of Tiger Lily. The best way to describe it was what people said in the comments: literary. 

Mari and I did one of our patented discussion posts about the ways we follow other blogs. 

My next post was about comments & cookies!


We started post BoS #1 with my recap of the Elizabeth Wein event I attended. I was also volunteering for it, so I'm sorry to say that I don't have many pictures.  

Song of the Week

A bit of a hasty pick, but this week I pick Toulouse by Nicky Romero. Has a pretty fun drop, although usually I prefer more melodic songs. 




Have a great week everyone!

-P.E.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had an awesome week! I have yet to read the series that Rot and Ruin is in but I picked it up and I odn't know, I'm not the biggest fan on horror reading, maybe i can take it better on the screen but reading it adds 10x scarier but maybe I'll try it since so many people say it's not that scary. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I usually find the images on screen much scarier. But I guess after watching Supernatural for so long I've become a touch desensitized :p

      -P.E.

      Delete

What do you think?