Cover Wars: Let The Storm Break vs. Love Letters to the Dead

Cover Wars is a weekly showdown of two beautiful covers. The winner, as voted by you, goes on to face a new cover, and wins bragging rights. This is basically a fun way to discuss what we like in covers.

It was a clean sweep by Love Letters to the Dead last week and as always it's back this week. This weeks it's up against the sequel to a popular Cover Wars cover, Let the Storm Break by Shannon Messenger.


Both covers are quite similar as both feature beautiful pastel colours in the background and skinny fonts. The starswept sky in Love Letters and the brewing storm in Let the Storm Break make for some appealing covers.

Let the Cover Wars begin!

Which cover should win Cover Wars?
  
pollcode.com free polls 

8 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love both of these, and you're right, they are kinda similar. But I would just Let the Storm Break just because the tornado graphics are so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fair choice, the those covers are very well done. The two models could look out of place quite easily, but they don't; instead the cover is really appealing.

      -Mari

      Delete
  2. I went for Love letters to the death, because I like the font just a little better! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's different from other fonts, but I think it meshes well with this particular cover.

      -Mari

      Delete
  3. I absolutely adore Let The Storm Break, I love how it also complements the cover of the previous book, Let The Sky Fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! They probably look really nice on the bookshelf, especially with those beautiful colours.

      -Mari

      Delete
  4. Tough choice! I like Let the Storm Break's blues more but since I prefer the font for LLttD, I chose that as winner this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fair choice, Love Letters' font seems to be a winner this week.

      -Mari

      Delete

What do you think?