WoW - Dark Metropolis




"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 

Dark Metropolis

June 17, 2014
Cabaret meets Cassandra Clare-a haunting magical thriller set in a riveting 1930s-esque world.

Sixteen-year-old Thea Holder's mother is cursed with a spell that's driving her mad, and whenever they touch, Thea is chilled by the magic, too. With no one else to contribute, Thea must make a living for both of them in a sinister city, where danger lurks and greed rules.
Thea spends her nights waitressing at the decadent Telephone Club attending to the glitzy clientele. But when her best friend, Nan, vanishes, Thea is compelled to find her. She meets Freddy, a young, magnetic patron at the club, and he agrees to help her uncover the city's secrets-even while he hides secrets of his own.

Together, they find a whole new side of the city. Unrest is brewing behind closed doors as whispers of a gruesome magic spread. And if they're not careful, the heartless masterminds behind the growing disappearances will be after them, too.

Perfect for fans of Cassandra Clare, this is a chilling thriller with a touch of magic where the dead don't always seem to stay that way.
Goodreads 

To be honest, the reason I even clicked on this one was because of that epic cover. I love the use of black, silver and gold, three of my favourite colours. It gives the cover a moody yet rich feel. I also like how this one sounds and a Cassie Clare comparison doesn't hurt either.

What Are You Waiting On?

-MARI 

9 comments:

  1. Second one on my WoW visits today. I hope you enjoy when you get to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it? I saw the cover on goodreads and had to read the synopsis :)

      -Mari

      Delete
  2. Wow, this book sounds AMAZING! You had me at 1930-esque world! :) And that cover and the Cassandra Clare comparison definitely doesn't hurt either! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, this looks awesome!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover is truly fantastic! And the setting in the 20's is also quite intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the first I am hearing of this one and I am sold! Adding to my TBR list and ordering for the library NOW! Thanks for sharing!~Megan
    http://wp.me/pzUn5-1Pb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds really good! Love that cover too. My WOW post is here if you want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?