The Weekly Progress: Goodbye Olympics

The Weekly Progress is a type of wrap up post that happens every Sunday on The Sirenic Codex looking on the week that was.

Books Read:

Nothing this week.

Currently Reading:


I'm still reading this one. I haven't been reading much so I'm still on the first few chapters. It looks really good though.

On The Blog:

We had a discussion filled week this time around. Sorry if we weren't as active on the blogosphere with comments, our lives basically consisted of school and olympics this week!

P.E. wrote about why don't teens read more YA


Cover Wars is featuring Red Rising vs. Pointe. Vote now!


My Waiting on Wednesday featured, Daughter of Chaos.


We also had a discussion up this week about guy in YA and why they are so HOT!


On friday, I reviewed Erased by Jennifer Rush, one of my favourites.


P.E. closed the week with her post, When I Need To Read. I can relate to many of her points.


What's Up:

P.E. and I are hardcore hockey / olympics fans so we both woke up extra early to watch the Canadian men hockey gold medal game. I have to say it was the highlight of my week though it happened around 30 minutes ago. It was a great olympics not just for Canada but worldwide. Can't wait until 2016 and 2018, mostly 2018 in Korea!

Also, you probably know that I'm a big fan of the Game of Thrones. Well, my favourite character has always been Jon Snow so imagine my excitement when I found out Kit Harington was in a movie about Rome!!! Pompeii was awesome, thumbs up if you want to watch it. Only problem is, I'm craving a good romantic gladiator book. I'm not too into the sexual material though so I'm cautious about the adult romance genre. Any recommendations?

I HOPE EVERYONE HAD A GREAT WEEK!

-MARI

2 comments:

  1. I didn't hear a lot of good things about Pompeii so i wasn't going to go to the theater to see it but I will for sure be seeing it on video!! I don't know any gladiator books. I wish I knew more historical fiction titles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it! It was just such a fun movie and I quite liked the gladiator scenes; so interesting! Too bad there aren't many books about them :(

      -Mari

      Delete

What do you think?