The Weekly Progress: Lazy Days Edition



The Weekly Progress is a type of wrap up post that happens every Sunday on The Sirenic Codex looking on the week that was.

Last week was my first week off, and to be honest, it went by in a bit of a blur. Some people that were visiting left, and a routine is starting to form. Plus, there was some clothes shopping which sometimes is miserable, but was pretty great.

Books Read


I am genuinely surprised that I managed to read so much. Yeah, I've fallen hard if I believe four books is that many. Anyway, although I read a lot, I can't say this was a great reading week. I thought In The After and Rose Under Fire were good, but not great. The Chaos of Stars and The Scar Boys were not books I enjoyed. At least I wrote a bunch of reviews, right?

Currently Reading


I haven't read any reviews for Control, and I haven't read the synopsis. A cursory Goodreads check shows that it has a pretty good average star rating, and that's good enough for me. Well, and the cover looks like it's my type of read.

On the Blog

Mari reviewed Heartbeat by Elizabeth Scott. She wrote that it was a light novel about dark topics and she enjoyed it. 

Mari's Waiting on Wednesday was Winterkill, which has some really cool font stuff going on. It sounds like an intriguing read!

I reviewed a book I really think deserves a lot of attention and praise, Rabbit Ears.


And the week ended with my review of Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea, which I ended up enjoying because it was so romantically gothic, in a good way.

Giveaway Winners

The winners were picked and contacted for our giveaway! Congratulations to Cait and Anjanette! Thanks to everyone who entered. We'll be shipping the prizes soon!

The Week That Was

A very lazy week that I don't remember too well. Actually, I did go shopping. Bought some summer shoes, which are these cute short wedges that are black and brown. Then did the mall route and visited probably my two favourite stores to shop from: Suzy Shier, and Dynamite. I don't know if you have these stores, but they're all very urban, and I love the styles there. 

Song of the Week

I loveeee this song. It's so electric, and I love the hardcore drops. I think music for me is a big part about emotions and feeling, and this song is one you blast and dance to, and it's amazing because it's the type of music that is all-consuming. And, I love that. It's Omnislash by KSHMR! Never heard of the artist but now I'm off to see what else they've made!



Have a great week!
-P.E.

5 comments:

  1. I really like how you add a song of the week! I've heard amazing raves on Rose Under Fire and Control- glad you liked the first and hope you enjoy the latter.
    Have a great week!
    Esty @ Boarding with Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Song of the week is one of my fav things to do. I love talking about what I like- I mean, I'm a blogger, right? ;p

      I'm glad you heard good things about Control. I need a really good read around now.

      & thanks for visiting!

      -P.E.

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy The Chaos of Stars or The Scar Boys. I'm really looking forward to reading In The After and Rose Under Fire (well, after Code Name Verity). I hope you enjoy Control! It sounds like a pretty cool book! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Code Name Verity is really good. I hope you enjoy it! & thanks. :)

      -P.E.

      Delete
  3. West Bengal Class 10th Time Table 2021(Madhyamik) is made available by the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education (WBBSE), The timetable has been released by the West Bengal Board of Secondary Examination (Madhyamik Pariksha) for the year 2021 for WB 10th Question Paper 2021 WBBSE 10th Model Paper 2021 is released by the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education in the pdf form. Students should download the WB Bengal Madhyamik Questions paper 2021 and practice it.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?