The Weekly Progress + STS Library Ebooks Galore! Edition



The Weekly Progress is a type of wrap up post that happens every Sunday at The Sirenic Codex looking on the week that was.

This week, I spent a lot of time exploring the health care system. Trust me, it's not something I'm interested in the slightest, but between grandparents, my aunt, and my parents, there was a lot of doctors I visited. This is not normal for me because I try to never visit the doctor unless it's urgent, or my mom drags me by threatening to take away my cellphone. *shrugs* 

Books Read


Really liked The 5th Wave, I was a bit disappointed in Fire & Flood which was much lighter than I expected it to be, and Queen of Someday was a nice read. Thanks to NetGalley for allowing me to read Queen of Someday, which was my first NetGalley approval!

Currently Reading


The latter, I took a break on. I think I just didn't like some of the decisions made by Hillary, and I had to give it some time. I've barely started Stolen, but I've heard lots of good things, especially from the girls We Heart YA

Acquisitions! Stacking the Shelves!

Hosted at Tynga's Reviews

I thought I may as well combine the books I acquired in TWP. This time, they're all ebooks from the library because I was too lazy to walk to pick up actual books because I was busy. 


I'm not sure if I'll end up reading all of these, but I'd love to know which of them are the best!

On the Blog

Do you ever just see a book and know intuitively that you'll love it? I call that, The Siren's Call

Mari's WoW pick was Better Than Perfect, and I want to read it too. It's the type of story that appeals to both of us as we're starting our university experience!


Then, Mari did a review for a DNF, Before You


Generally, Mari and I try to space out our negative reviews so we're not all negative one week. The next few weeks are booked up though because of the extra time to blog, which works because I'm vacationing soon!

The Week That Was

I was supposed to go on a hot air balloon ride, which didn't happen because the weather got messed up. Other than that, lots of vising clinics for different things, and frankly, I'm really not at all into biology (probably my least favourite science of them all!) so I didn't enjoy the visits, even if they weren't for me. In particular, I was struggling not to flee from the blood test centre. *shudders*

Song of the Week

Whenever I'm hurt, it's this song I will listen to. It's perfectly heartbreaking and it makes me feel allll the feelings. The music matches the lyrics, and it's a song full of moments. The desperation of the lyrics, with the music just makes it a phenomenal song, and it's without a doubt a classic. I recommend listening to this one with earphones, with the song loud so you can really feel all the subtleties. 



Anyway, hope you all had a great week!
-P.E.

4 comments:

  1. Nice haul this week, a great mix of books! Pivot Point is one I read this year and ended up really loving, it was a great read. Stolen is one I have wanted to read for so long now. I went YALC and met the author and planned to get her to sign a copy, but they were sold out at the venue! I hope you enjoy all of your books this week :) Here's my STS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad to hear some good things about Pivot Point, I'll move it higher up the TBR. :)

      -P.E.

      Delete
  2. I really loved the 5th Wave. Such a good book. Can't wait for the next one in the serires.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) Every Year Publishes Textbooks for Class 6th Students, KVS Class 6 Textbooks 2021 are well known for it’s updated and Thoroughly revised Syllabus. KVS 2nd Class Syllabus The KVS Books are based on the Latest Exam Pattern and Syllabus.Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan Provides, the Class 6 Text books in both the offline and Online Pdf format at official website.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?