Life of Blogger: Routines

This is a wonderful meme type post hosted by Jessi @ Novel Heartbeat. Basically, there is a topic pertaining to the blogger every Thursday. This way we can all get to know the person behind the blog.


MARI
This is what I've been waiting for. In the morning I get awoken by my personal assistant, who then places my silk slippers on the ground before me.... Hehe, ya no. My life is quite boring and un-luxurious.

Weekdays:
  • University by 11am
  • Back to back classes until 4 or 7 depending on the day.
  • Nerding out on the internet because I'm deprived at home.
  • Not writing reviews like I should be.
  • Not listening to the Prof like I should be (right now).
  • Butting people in the line to the bus. 
  • Forcefully stuffing myself inside buses that are already at full capacity. 
  • Calling home to have them open the door because I'm 5 and hate looking for my keys.
  • Because I'm such a model student, studying only when exam starts to loom over my head.
Source

BEWARE: children don't follow my example and adults, I'm a surprisingly good student despite what you've see.

P.E.

Hmm, my life at home vs at school is different. At home, I do whatever I want whenever because I'm only there on vacations. I'll share what I do at school.


  • alarm clock rings. I press snooze. 
  • alarm clock rings again. Snooze.
  • alarm clock rings again. Snooze. 
  • *etc etc until I turn off the alarm clock
  • suddenly, wake up terrified I am late. Now, I try to wake up (aka, have my first alarm ring) around 8:45am most days (except for Tuesdays where I have to wake up at 6:45) and this is mitigated by the fact that I usually sleep from midnight to 1 am, or 2 am if I'm restless. College life, eh?
  • shower
  • next, I try to get some work done for my upcoming classes. Some days, like Wednesday, this is literally all I do because my class is recorded and thus I feel no compulsion to climb a hill to one of the furthest buildings on campus. 
  • most days, I eventually have class and go to that. I also end up getting a meal-to-go sandwich from the caf around then. 
  • come home, relax a bit and get back to work. But first, I usually try to watch tv or more recently, an episode of The Daily Show. 
  • more work
  • Eventually, I eat dinner. If I'm feeling overwhelmed, I eat alone. Otherwise, dinner with a friend.
  • somehow, hockey relaxes me so I watch games on TV if there is one. Otherwise, more work. 

I feel like I should put an asterisk to work because my productivity is not always the highest, and at every point in the day, it should be noted that I am on Twitter or reading articles, except during class because I'm super focused on there. 

I know my schedule seems boring, and a lot of the time it is, but I generally like my classes. Dinners are fun too, and on the weekends that I'm not busy, I'll end up going somewhere. My schedule is kinda rough right now because I had a two week period where I was busy all weekend, and then I had the flu and missed a week's worth of lectures and readings. I've been in catch-up mode every since... 


What are your choices?

0 comments:

What do you think?